Want to know how to create this abstract nail look? Follow our 5 step guide below!
The products we used to create this look:
1. Vitamin Base Coat – Natural Collection
2. 60 Seconds Super Shine – Rimmel London – Breakfast In Bed
3. 7 Day Wear Nail Polish – Collection – White Out
4. 60 Seconds Super Shine – Rimmel London – Ring A Ring O’Roses
5. 60 Seconds Super Shine – Rimmel London – Peachella
6. 60 Seconds Super Shine – Rimmel London – Your Majesty
7. 7 Day Wear Nail Polish – Collection – Lemon Meringue
8. Pointed Drawing Brush (Small)
9. Silver Striping Tape
10. Silver Gem
Now lets show you how we created this abstract nail art!
First of all it is important to make sure your nails are clean and ready to be painted before we start, so we need to do a little bit of preparation. If you have nail varnish on already, you will need to take it off with some nail varnish remover. After this is done, I usually wash my hands just to ensure my nails are completely clean.
Then it’s time to tidy your nails up a little and to shape them to how you want, using with your file. Also, if you want make your nails appear longer – you can push back your cuticles. If you place your hand in some warm water for a few minutes, it will help soften your skin making it easier for you to do this.
Once you are ready, you should apply a base coat to your nail as this will protect your nails from being stained but also will make applying your nail varnish much smoother. We used the Vitamin Base Coat (1) to do this.
Once your base coat is dry (this shouldn’t take too long), we can start moving on to the more exciting parts – deciding what colour you want your nails to be! For this look, we decided to have the ring finger as the main focus so we painted this nail with the white (3) nail varnish, and the rest with the gorgeous nail varnish in the colour Breakfast In Bed (2). We applied 2 coats of the nail varnish as this makes sure the nails are covered well.
We recommend you apply two thin coats rather than one thick one as the thicker the coat, the longer it will take to dry.
Once the white nail varnish is dry, it’s time to start creating the abstract nail art! The first thing we need to play around with some striping tape to create the shapes on the nail. We started by placing the silver striping tape (9) at the top of the nail and working our way down.
* It’s okay to play around here with the position of the striping tape until you are happy.
Once you are happy with where the striping tape is and the shapes you will be creating – it’s time to add the pretty colours! We decided to use blue (2), pink (4), orange (5), silver (6) and yellow (7) nail varnish colours and painted them on the nail using a small pointed drawing brush (8) to create this abstract nail look.
* Have some fun here with the colours you choose to use, but make sure you spread them out with where you choose to paint them so there aren’t some right next to each other.
Once you have finished painting on the colours, let them dry a little and then gently take off the striping time – one at a time. After you have finished that, it’s time to add the final touch to this look – the little silver gem on the little finger! To do this, we applied a top coat and then gently placed the silver gem (10) on the nail.
* Once you are happy with where the gem is placed, you can apply another layer of the top coat on top of the gems to make them even more secure.
And that’s how we created this abstract nail look! It’s a gorgeous and bright look for your nails this spring! It would also be a perfect nail look for everyday wear or a party.
Now it’s your turn! Have you created this look? We’d love to see it – tag us on Twitter and Instagram!