Pink Butterfly | Nail Art Tutorial
2. Under the Sea – Barry M – Angelfish
3. 7 Day Wear Nail Polish – Collection – White Out
4. 60 Seconds Super Shine – Rimmel London – Sweet Retreat
5. 60 Seconds Super Shine – Rimmel London – Black
6. Glitter Nail Polish – PS… – Sequin Dream
7. Dotting Tool
8. Pointed Drawing Brush (Small)
9. Pink Gem
Now lets show you how we created this pink butterfly nail art!
We recommend you apply two thin coats rather than one thick one as the thicker the coat, the longer it will take to dry.
Next we created a slightly darker shade by adding a small amount of the pink (4) nail polish to the nail polish in the colour Angelfish (2) and mixed it together. Once we were happy – we painted it on the wing next to the lightest shade.
We repeated this process once more and added even more of the pink (4) nail polish then before to create the darkest tone. Finally, we blended it out to the edge of the wing.
After we finished painting on the first bit of detail on the wing, we then painted on the black line for the butterflies body and it’s antenna’s. To do this, we used the dotting tool (7) with the black nail polish (5).
Once the nail polish is dry, we painted on some silver glittery nail polish (6) on the end of the wings to create an extra bit of sparkle!
* Once you are happy with where the gem is placed, you can apply another layer of the top coat make the gems even more secure.